Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Fish Friday: Cobia Wrapped in Bacon

This one goes out to my friend, Katie Collins, who believes deeply and spiritually in the healing power of bacon.

Dry the fillets with paper towels. Season the cobia fillets all over with pepper and lemon zest. Wrap the fillets in overlapping rashers of bacon. Heat a heavy bottomed skillet on the stove. Place the fillets in the pan and brown and crisp the bacon, then flip. Put the pan in the oven at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes (depending on thickness of fillets). You can use toothpicks to keep the bacon on if you need to, but take care not to pierce the fish. Fish is done when it is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.

Served this with steamed broccoli, whichu made me realize I am the luckiest woman on earth, as my kids actually CHEERED at the thought of having more broccoli. If you still had say, some asparagus, leftover you could steam it, season it with sea salt and serve with a simple dressing of mayo thinned with lemon juice and a few capers stirred in it. Very good and easy recipe I got from my Mother in law.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment