Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Friday, December 20, 2013

Bourbon Slush Drink

Okay, I accidentally invented a cocktail tonight, we can call it Christmas Bourbon Slush, because I made it at Christmas time. It is a cool and icy drink, but when you have Christmas so close to the equator, sometimes a cool drink is a must.

Ingredients

2 ea. teabags (regular size)
1 c Boiling water
1/2 c Sugar
1/2 can(s) orange juice, frozen concentrate (large can)
1/2 can(s) lemon juice concentrate (large can)
1/2 c Bourbon (I use Elijah Craig, but any will do)
1/4 c Sweet Tea Vodka (I used Seagram's, but whatever)
1 c water, boiling

I legitimately tried to follow the recipe from Just A Pinch but I left out about 2 3/4 c of water overall and I added the sweet tea vodka, but mostly because I had never made this before and forgot the step of adding additional water. Also I REALLY wanted to try that sweet tea vodka.

Brew the tea bags in the cup of boiling water. Mix hot tea with sugar in a large glass measuring cup. Add the frozen juice concentrates plus the alcohol and stir to combine. Freeze in the measuring bowl, stopping every 15-30 minutes or so to stir the slush as it sits in the coldest part of your freezer. Scoop some slush into a cup to serve and top off with a lemon lime soda such as Sprite or 7UP. Yummy festive slushy punch!

No comments:

Post a Comment