Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Random Pop Cultural Musings


Regardless of your political affiliation the Nation should be outraged by Tom DeLay's "dancing" on DWTS. I am even more outraged by the camera work focusing on his buttocks in the opening moments of the song.

Jon Stewart and the "Daily Show" have been having a good year, some great interviews, especially the one with Jim Cramer.

Project Runway, most boring season ever. Where the hell are Nina Garcia and Michael Kors?

Is it just me or is SYTYCD focusing less on the crazy auditions and more on the real dancers? I think so, and I approve whole-heartedly.

Neil Patrick Harris is my secret TV boyfriend and I have a budding girl crush on Felicia Day. Even when she is in those annoying Sears commercials.

Rachel Maddow rocks those glasses. She rocks them like a hurricane.

I sort of want to call 1-888-OOPS-JEW.

Martha Stewart's annual Halloween issue is looked forward to in this house with the fervor one usually associates with Christmas presents or birthdays.

I follow three cast members of ST:TNG and I especially love Wil Wheaton and I dream of the day he re-tweets me. The other two are LeVar Burton and Brent Spiner. So cool!

I don't always get Michelle Obama's high-waisted belts, but I love her personal sense of style. At least she is not robotically wearing solid color skirt suits and a strand of pearls.

Qaddafi at the U.N. -- Joan Rivers, melted in the sun, wrapped in butcher paper and placed on auto-babble. Even the translators sounded like "Really? WTF is this guy saying?!"

The frozen 360 degree view of the cast of CSI was actually kind of cool. I haven't watched an episode of that show since the Tarantino directed one.

ANTM is on the fence for me. This may be the last season I watch. I feel like Tyra needs to stop trying to make "smize" happen.

Dollhouse is on tonight, premiere at 9 p.m. Set the DVR's kiddo!!!

How about you guys? Anything out there in the pop-cultural universe I need to know about?

(Above image from wilwheaton.typepad.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment