My great grandmother died this summer... just two weeks ago actually. There was a flurry of panicked trips back and forth from my home 5 hours away from her home. I managed to get there in time and say good-bye. Today, I got some bad news about a friend, it was sudden, completely unexpected. He leaves behind 2 daughters and a loving wife. They live several states away, so I am not headed there yet, but I probably will be soon. Today I am going to get in the kitchen and clean the hell out of it. It needs to be done yes, but I need to be doing something and there is nothing I can do for my friend right now. So I am going to clean and I am going to pray.
So if you want to walk this through with me, here is the game plan.
• Load and unload dishwasher until all dishes are done.
• Put away everything on the countertops,.
• Wipe down countertops with borax and water.
• Sweep floor.
• Mop floor.
• Put down area rugs.
• Sort through all of the papers/odds and ends on the fridge. Toss expired coupons and the like.
• Wipe down all appliances.
• Wipe exterior of cabinet doors.
• Put away food.
• Clean out refrigerator.