Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pantry Tomato Soup and Sandwiches

This is one of my favorite quick dinners, to make the tomato soup simply open two cans of soup and dilute with 2 cans of water, add one package of french onion soup mix and one can of diced tomatoes with the juice. Heat the soup over medium high heat and when it is hot finish the soup with half a can of cream or half and half. YUMMY and so fast and easy.

Meanwhile I set out sandwich fixings, people had their choice of sliced ham or chicken with cheese.

Tonight was busy because the kids had gymnastics so we didn't get home until after 6. Also I am preparing for the Veterans Day celebration at my school tomorrow so I had extra shopping to do. Great easy, busy night dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I wish my kids liked tomato soup. I remember this yummy meal from my childhood - tomato soup from a can, and grilled cheese sandwiches. Delicious and simple. And then when I was a teenager my Dad started a garden, grew a jillion tomatoes, and made his own tomato soup. Mmmmm! Thanks for the memory.

    I like your idea of adding the onion soup mix and diced tomatoes. Still simple, but adds flavor and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had people swear it must be some fancy cooks all day recipe, and when I tell them how simple it is they just fall out. My kids like most tomato based foods and I am very thankful. Except when my oldest east an entire box of organic grape tomatoes in one sitting, then I am not so pleased.

    ReplyDelete