Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Seasoning Savvy

Seasoning Savvy: How to Cook With Herbs, Spices, and Other Flavorings Seasoning Savvy: How to Cook With Herbs, Spices, and Other Flavorings by Alice Arndt


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book has the research and information of an encyclopedia, the detail of a quirky travelogue, and a lovely companion in the voice of the author. Speaking of rosewater Alice Arndt writes, "The classic Persian combination of rose water and saffron is so luscious that it's almost embarrassing."

The scope of this work is to synthesize information on herbs, spices and flavorings from around the world and throughout history. It reads like a novel; I find myself returning to it again and again to peruse the entries as though leafing through a beloved story.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment