Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

What we had for dinner, 12/9/09

Last night, pork loin roast, seasoned with David's special pork rub, thyme and onion powder. Asparagus spears (steamed), red cabbage and a bit of onion sauteed in pork cooking juices and a splash of apple cider vinegar (to keep the color red). The kids also had a side of apple sauce, since I didn't think the cabbage would be found very appealing. Both of them gave good faith efforts to the cabbage and B ate all of her asparagus. For dessert the kids had pound cake (Thanks Deana) and peaches with a tiny dab of whipped cream. DH had some too, but I didn't want any dessert.

Tonight, we have leftover pork turned into a pork stew with zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, parsnips, and onions. I may or may not serve this over mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so good. I buy pork loin rather frequently but have only ever cooked it in the crockpot. How long did it take to roast it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't really know. I have a digital thermometer with a long cord. You stick a probe in the meat, type in the temperature you want the meat to cook till and then an alarm goes off when it is that temperature. We cooked it till it was 155? I am guessing it took a bit longer than an hour at 350 degrees. This was a boneless roast but it was HUGE.

    ReplyDelete