Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Grilled Chicken with Key Lime and Greek Seasoning Marinade


Tonight's dinner was super yummy if I do say so myself. I got a great deal on some chicken leg quarters (.99¢ a pound) and I marinated 2 of them in 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed key lime juice and generously sprinkled them all over with a Greek seasoning blend. My in-laws brought us a bottle of Greek Spices from the Old Towne Grille & Seafood restaurant in Charleston, S.C. You can order your own greek spice blend from them at www.oldtownegrill.com. I had the hubby cook the chicken (and a green bell pepper for tomorrow night's roasted pepper sauce) on our little charcoal grill while I made some beer bread, steamed the fresh corn on the cob, and made some sweet iced tea. I rounded out dinner with baby carrots for the kids and some green salad for me and the husband.

Want to try a new and fabulous iced tea idea? Make 3/4 of a gallon of iced tea (sweet or unsweet), add a bottle of peach nectar and a little lemon juice to taste, mix it up and serve it over lots of ice! Delicious and refreshing.

The kids split another of the individual key lime pies I made yesterday for dessert, but I was too full to have any.

We are planning on grilling some amazing ribs for 4th of July and attending the fireworks show they do out over the water here. Do you have any special plans for Independence Day? I think we might also make some strawberry ice cream this weekend. Stay safe and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment