Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Crunch

I just survived the busiest weekend I will have this holiday season. Friday night was spent in a flurry of activity, building sets and completing tech work for my daughter's recital. I baked for the bake sale that goes along with the holiday show, packed and prepped her for the show, drove there, helped with props and then I ran some tech stuff at her matinee all with able and good natured assistance from my husband. He seriously deserves a medal for all he did this weekend. I have to leave elder child with other mothers who can feed her and help her get ready for her evening performance, because Hubby and I are on our way to his office holiday Christmas party. You know you're tired when you want to duck out of a luau BEFORE the fire dancer comes out. But we rallied and stayed till the end. Got home around 11 p.m. to find our


elder daughter, still stoked from her performance and having an unexpected sleep over with a cousin and cousin's new dog, AWAKE and watching a movie. We put the girls to bed.

Wake up around 6:30 the next morning, to dress and get ready for an all day trip to Disney World. A trip that had been planned MONTHS in advance before we knew there was going to be holiday parties and dance recitals.

I really wish I had a Fitbit or other type of pedometer. I could have used the one on my phone, but I was hoarding battery life so that I could use my camera and text location information to my husband. We have a good system for the lines at Disney (thankfully very few yesterday!) I wait in the line and hold our spots, while he takes the girls to get pictures with characters or ride another ride with a shorter line. Another way we divvy up responsibility is that he does NOT do spinning rides (Tea Cups, Dumbo, even the carousel) but I do all of them with the kids, my inner ears don't bother me. While we are on the stomach churning spinning rides he runs ahead and gets Fast Passes for other rides for us. Anyhow, I am pretty sure we ended up walking just MILES yesterday and I'd love a pedometer to tell me exactly how far we traveled.

Do you use a pedometer? Do you use it just when you are explicitly exercising or do you use it every day to see how far you walk?

4 comments:

  1. Trying again....a Fitbit would've been great for your journey at the Magic Kingdom. We all wear ours and compete over who has the most steps. It's usually Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Busy weekend....the pics from Disney were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. At the end of the day I was suddenly thinking, "Am I annoying everyone?" so I appreciate that they were enjoyable, not overbearing. :)

    ReplyDelete