Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Slow Cooker Tuesday: Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore

Apparently, cacciatore means "hunter" in Italian, (according to Wikipedia.) Who knew? Anyhow, it means prepared in the hunter style. If you have ever had marinara sauce, that means prepared in the sailor style, and if you want to know what style puttanesca is I suggest you look it up yourself. ;)

This is how I made my cacciatore this morning. I defrosted 2 chicken breasts and salt and peppered them. To the slow cooker I added 1 bay leaf, 2 tsp of Italian seasoning, 1/2 sauteed onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 sauteed bell pepper and 1/2 small bag of carrots. I put the chicken pieces on top of the veggies and poured a small can of tomato sauce over all. If you had fresh cooked mushrooms or a well-drained can of mushrooms I add those as well, I was in fact OUT of mushrooms so my cacciatore isn't going to be as awesome as it could be.

We had penne pasta last night, so instead of serving this over pasta this evening we are going to have it over washed and slightly torn spinach leaves. The heat from the chicken and sauce will lightly wilt the leaves and then we top it all off with some fresh parmesan cheese.

I may also need a glass red wine tonight after the school board meeting. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment