Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm leaving on a jet plane!

Tomorrow starts our Spring Break sojourn in Washington D.C. I am so excited! I have never been to Washington (or Virginia for that matter) before. We have a huge list of sights to see and things to do and if we end up getting to only half of them we will have an amazing time!

Our hotel has rooms with full kitchens, so on day one we will be going out and getting some groceries and we plan on making all breakfasts and most dinners in our room. Our kids are young so we will be heading home for the night around dinner time. Maybe if I am really ambitious we can pack some lunches too.

Tonight we are trying to leave everything here as clean as possible so in that spirit I can tell you freely and without reservation the BEST dinner to make at home the night before a trip. Frozen pot pies! Think about it, protein and veggies all in one crisp wrapper and they cook in their own plate! You just have to throw the forks in dishwasher and run it.

Next time I update this I will be in Virginia! Have a good weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I love DC!! And Virginia for that matter. Have you talked about a meet up with Joanne/Tessa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family went to DC/VA last year and there were...ummm...let me count...19 of us! It was fun but took a LOT of love (you need love to be with 18 other people all the time, lol!). It was fun though and lots of things to see in DC indeed. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. St, FB message me their screen names okay?
    Joy, this is my very first trip to DC I am so excited! Today we got to the hotel and bought some groceries to make dinners (natch!) in our hotel room and food for some lunches and breakfasts too. Awesome kitchen here!

    ReplyDelete