Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My kid is amazing.-- Updated

My older kid got straight A's today. I am so tickled. Dinner will be baked fish, fresh wraps, lettuce, onion, tzatziki sauce, and falafel. And Daddy is picking something up from the store for dessert. YAY! Recipes and such later!

Okay, last night in addition to my veggie chili I also rolled some fish fillets in flour, egg and seasoned bread crumbs and baked them. Then I put them in the fridge to use tonight. Other things on the menu, making falafel from a mix (just add water!) and homemade flat bread (not unlike tortillas) and some delicious tzatziki sauce.

I took about 1 1/2 C of plain yogurt (could also be Greek yogurt) and seasoned it with chopped garlic, House Blend seasoning, fresh chopped dill and then added 1 shredded cucumber. To keep your tzatziki from getting too watery, take the shredded cucumber and place it inside many thicknesses of paper towels and squeeze it out over a bowl or over the sink. Squeeze and squeeze and squeeze! You could also use a clean dish towel (that you don't mind dyeing green) or some cheesecloth. When it is wrung out you can then add it to the yogurt mixture. Stir together and let sit for a few hours or even overnight.

Then I made the flatbread dough, (I sort of cobbled together some recipes and mixed it with my tortilla recipe) and then I made the falafel mix. Had I to do this meal over again, I would have made the flatbread earlier in the day (or just bought some!) and then made the falafel as the very last thing, while the fish warmed up in the oven. As it was the falafel got a little cold from waiting for me to finish the flatbread. I had the hubby shred some lettuce and we called it a meal. In a few minutes I am headed into the kitchen to share in the world's tiniest chocolate cake with white icing and pink buttercream roses to celebrate our kid's awesome All A achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment