Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick hit -- Apple Brown Betty

I made the title of this post a link to Cooks.com where I found a recipe for a pressure cooker Apple Brown Betty. It reduces the cooking time from 45 minutes down to 15 minutes! Every day I love my pressure cooker more, I swear.

This recipe required butter and graham cracker crumbs, if one were to make this vegan you could use margarine and some sort of egg-less bread crumb. I think that next time I will sub out some of the graham cracker crumbs for old fashioned oatmeal. Also I would use more cinnamon than the recipe calls for and I would take the 1 cup of crumbs and butter and parcel it out into 1/3 C measurements, since you need three layers of crumbs all together.

We served the Apple Brown Betty warm in bowls topped with a wee bit of whipped cream. YUM! Plus a good dose of apples and raisins are always welcome. The kids ate it up and it made a nice amount for a family of 4, not too much at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment