Welcome!

I am currently blogging about everything. Jump in where you are and thanks for coming by!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Chicken -- an experiment


I have never made this particular dish before, heck, I've never even HAD this particular dish before, but my husband saw it on a commercial for an Italian eatery that is at closest a 2 1/2 hour drive from here. (Seriously, I live closer to Cuba than I do a Walmart; but I digress.) Anyhow, through the wonders of the internet I was able to find some promising sounding recipes. I cobbled a recipe of my own from about 3 different internet links since I didn't have ALL of the ingredients in any one, or I wasn't willing to do something (like pan-fry) in another.

So without further ado, Parmesan Crusted Chicken!

I flattened 2 chicken breasts to a uniform thickness by placing the chicken in between two pieces of cling wrap and pounding them with the underside of my iron skillet. Then I salted, peppered and onion powdered the breasts. Then I took them through a standard 3-step dredge, first flour (shaking off the excess) then 2 beaten eggs, and finally my own bread crumb mixture, a blend of dried parsley flakes, oat meal, bread crumbs and freshly, finely grated parmesan cheese. Then I placed the breasts into a baking dish, lightly lubricated with olive oil. I popped them in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.

For side dishes I am making some sauteed spinach with chopped onion and finished with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Also a simple steam in a bag mix of veggies, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Should be good. I will let you know how it comes out.

1 comment:

  1. I ended up adding some leftover spaghetti that I found in the fridge to the sauteed spinach and onions. I squeezed half a lemon over all, added a bit of sea salt, and just a tiny amount of grated parmesan. It was fantastic! I love using up leftovers in new and creative ways.

    ReplyDelete